Thursday, October 27, 2011

Four weeks in

Well, I've been in Palma now for almost four weeks now and I have to say that I love it. The city is very beautiful and I love living so close to the sea. I have been to the beach a fair bit since I've been here, but I can tell that the beach days are almost done. I went yesterday, and while it was very warm in the sunshine, the sea is getting colder - noticeably colder than it was last week. Still, I wouldn't be going to the beach at all in Canada right now, so I'm not complaining!



I'm also very happy with the location that I've chosen to live, right next to the cathedral, because it puts me right in the centre of things, and I like how alive the area feels. Every day I hear the "clip-clop" of the horses going past, and the sounds of people walking in the street. Most mornings I grab a quick espresso or ensaimada from the cafe below my apartment, which is something I couldn't do back in Canada. I had to walk much further to the nearest cafe back home. They are putting up Christmas lights right in front of our window, too, which is very exciting. I think it is going to be very beautiful once Christmas rolls around.



One of my favourite things to do so far is go out with my roommate and his friends for tapas and drinks. It is very different for me to eat so late in the evening, but it is also fun that I can have siestas from 7 to 10 in the evening, and wake up at the perfect time to start going out. For someone who loves to nap, Spain is heaven. :)


This weekend I am hoping to go to the castle since it is free on Sundays. It is a long weekend this weekend, but I still have my Castellano classes, so I can't go too far. There might be a halloween party as well on October 31, but I don't know what to expect compared to North America. I'll let you know, though!

9 comments:

  1. Love the little details that you write about life in Palma! Can't wait to come visit at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peter , as Anna told us to ask you questions about your stay here , i would like to ask you if you liked the charachter (personality) of Spansih people , and which things you disliked of Palma ?
    Thankssss


    Winny Kaur , IT4

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you miss your family and friends in Canada or are your spanish friends good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Peter! Your photo of the beach rocks!
    How much longer will you be here in mallorca?
    See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Peter!
    what do you prefer, Mallorca or Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peter!! Nice post, I like the pictures. As ana told us, I have to ask you a question. How many languages do you speak? When and where did you learn them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Peter, hope you had fun on Halloween!
    What's your favourite typical Spanish food?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Peter, how are you?

    I want to ask you one question:
    -Can you tell me something that it's here better than in Canada?

    Thanks!

    Biel Bernat Bosch IT4, I invite you to see my blog about my hobby:

    http://www.anillamallorca.blogspot.com

    there is in Spanish but maybe you can practice your spanish.

    ReplyDelete